Welcome to the CreatorsAreBrands.com podcast, this is the show that discovers how storytellers are building brands online.
Hosted by Tom Boyd of @BonusFootage.
In today’s episode, we talk to Austin Hankwitz…who is a creator slash media company slash venture capitalist that has invested in over 18 companies.
- These are some of the points we discuss:
- Why he focused on building his audience first before thinking about monetizing
- How he brought 42,000 funded accounts, from one organic video for a brand.
- How he thinks about short form video content
- Genius Advice from his friend Tejas Tellur for how to approach TikTok
- The importance of being friends with your audience
- Why his first video went so viral
- His simplified production process that only requires his phone, wired headphones and the TikTok app,
- How he approached his Patreon and pricing formats
- The most money he made in a month on Patreon
- Why he started a newsletter and how he produces it.
- The value of building with a business partner who can handle the administrative duties of your creator brand, so the creator can focus on what they do best.
Have an inspired day and thanks for listening!
For more resources for creators, check out tomboyd.co